Welcome to the Pet Mom blog page!




WELCOME!

I am so glad that you've come to visit! I was hoping you might stop by today! I just love it when friends drop by. I'll put on the kettle and make us a cup of tea, maybe a glass of wine is your thing and we can have a good chat about anything and everything, like our pets, our gardens, our families or anything else on your mind.

If you can't stay long this time I hope you'll come again. Thanks for visiting!


Consider Donating to a Companion Animal Rescue Group in Your Area!

Interesting Blogs and Sites

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Breed Snob's

     Hello, I have been wanting to write about people that I call; "Breed Snob's".........when it comes to their dogs.
     Our newest companion dog is a "mixed" breed. A friend at lunch asks, "well what kind of dog is it, can't the vet figure it out"?!
    Just for your information 'friend", your cattle dog when originally breed, was derived from 4 different dog breeds to come up with
yours! Maybe more..........who really knows. Who really cares!!!!

       And many dog breeds have been ruined by humans in attempt to breed looks and the outcome of these dogs is that they suffer from our stupidity. Their health can be compromised from all the in-breeding; nice job.
    And for WHAT, so you can say, "I have a such and such"..................?

    I could lump backyard/puppy mill breeders and true breed snob's into one group, but I don't want to get hate mail. (I help with animal rescue, so I have seen some bad things that this type of breeding can bring about.)

    Then there are the folks online writing in the reverse. Calling
mixed breed dog owners the 'snobs'............I don't think so!!!

And I could mention the new 'designer dogs' that are appearing; that should be saved for another day.

   My two favorite dogs that I was lucky enough to have had in my life were mixed breeds.
   Best Regards,

  Author and my LabraWhip........:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment